BEAUTY: Battle of the Balms

13:49

I feel like I will forever be cursed with dry lips. And I don't mean oh just a tad chapped, I mean full on causing me pain, cracked, red lips. Ouch. So my life mission is to find a lip balm that actually makes a difference and works for the driest of lips - and I've found them. I've tried high end, high street and everything in between. So keep reading to find out my favourite holy grail lip balms.


EOS Lip Balm - £7
Everyone and your mum has heard about EOS Lip Balm. They've been around for a while now, but I picked a couple up when I was in New York a couple of years ago. I really like this lip balm for a quick fix, it doesn't do my lips the world of good but I love the packaging and the fact you can apply it directly onto your lips, unlike other lip balms on this list. I use EOS along with my primer before I apply my makeup just to give my lips an extra bit of moisture before apply any products. However, I do recommend that you buy this product either from Amazon or America, as here in London they have yanked this price up so high it is not worth buying it by any means.

Maybelline Baby Lips Balm - Hydrate - £2.99
Baby Lips has been around for years now, but I really love this! It's not holy grail and it doesn't change my life but I keep this in my car so I can moisturise when I'm stuck in traffic etc. I don't drive too often so I forget how good this is - but I definitely recommend this product just to throw in your handbag or keep in your car like me to see an actually difference when you start to feel your lips chapping. This product is also really good value for money, so it's not the end of the world if you loose this product, which for lip balms you almost definitely will.

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Magic - £25
I have a slight love-hate relationship with Lip Magic. When I first started using this product I experienced amazing results which is why I had to include it. However, I don't know if my lips have gotten worse overtime and needed something with more substance to sort them out, or maybe they just got used to the texture - but this doesn't fix my lips out like it used to. However, saying that I have nearly finished a whole tub, but for the price and how it is working on my lips now, I can't say I would re-purchase for the winter. I really really enjoyed wearing this balm on holiday though, so I do think I will start using it again in the summer and stick to my super strengths below for the cold winter months,

Omorovicza - Perfecting Lip Balm - £32
I bought this product a couple of months ago when my lips were at their absolute worst. I went into Space NK and asked for their best lip balm treatment, and considering the amount of pain I was also in price was not a factor in this purchase. Which is how I came about owning this crazy expensive lip balm. I don't agree with the price at all, and I will not be re-purchasing this product as I do not feel the size reflects the price. However, I have still really enjoyed using this product through December and January. It really did sort my lips out when they were at their worst and is a great treatment to use overnight. It also has a really nice taste to it and as soon as you apply it you can actually feel it working. However, it is very thick and very gloppy, which sometimes makes it hard to wear during the day. I'm also not a fan of the dip-age involved with getting this product out, but for the benefits of it - I was more than happy to get through nearly a whole pot in 2 months!

Nuxe - Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm - £9.50


A new purchase but this is for sure my favourite product. I was whining to my friend about how much I spent on my last lip balm and how I am forever in search of the perfect balm and she recommend this product to me. Luckily, we were just outside a Space NK so we popped in and I instantly fell in love with this product. It's a really thick texture, so again you can literally feel it sinking into your lips as soon as you apply it but the most amazing part of this product is it actually goes on matte. It made my lips feel and look instantly better and for the rest of the evening I couldn't stop going on about how much I was already enjoying the product and how it has already changed my life (dramaaaa queen). For anyone with dry lip I highly highly recommend this product. It is not the cheapest on the market, but the quality and quantity you receive, I feel, is completely worth the price. I don't think I will need to re-purchase for a while as it is a very big pot, but I can not imagine wanting to re-purchase any other balm but this one! Seriously - GO CHECK THIS OUT!

What are your favourite lip products to use?

E. x

I do not own any images in this blog post.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe