HOW TO ACHIEVE CLEAR SKIN

09:30

Since I've been a teenager, I've always had clear skin. Maybe a spot here or there, but nothing too bad. However, for some reason my skin completely broke out over the past couple of months. I was getting a new spot every day, and it was really starting to make me feel down. I was on the brink of making a doctor's appointment, but wanted to try and combat it myself (without antibiotics). I'm really happy that the following has given me back my clear skin and urge anyone else in the same boat to try mixing up their skin-care routine. 

1. Face Wash
I was previously using a NUXE face wash (after such success with the lip balm) and around the time I started using this, was the time I started to breakout. I can't completely blame this product for my skin condition, but I'm sure it contributed. As soon as I stopped using this cleanser and went back to my The Body Shop oil cleanser, I noticed a huge difference in my skin. 

2. Moisturizer vs. Oils
I've always been a moisturizer kind-of girl, but I thought my bad skin was cause to switch this up. My friend told me about The Body Shop's Oils of Life, which can act as a moisturizer. It wasn't cheap, but I thought I had nothing to loose. The oil has left my face really soft, without the clogged up feeling of using a cream everyday. 

3. Spot Treatment
When my break-outs first starting happening, I invest in Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion, which I had heard great reviews about. I can't say this gave me the insane results that the reviews claim and I can't say it made my skin worse. This product didn't do much for me, so I tried Clean & Clear advantage acne spot treatment. This is a dream in a tiny tube. It works wonders and can significantly reduce spot size over-night! If nothing else has worked for you, give this a go!

4. Eating Healthier & Drinking Water
This is probably a no brainier, but cutting out fried & oily foods and ensuring you drink enough water will help combat spot prone skin. I always try to avoid deep fried foods anyways, but this is still a great tip for clearer skin.

5. Try Not to Touch Your Face
This might sound weird, but you have the remember that your hands touch so many germs and dirt everyday, if you then rub your face you are just transfer that onto your face which then equals spots! Until I actually started thinking about this, I didn't realise HOW much I touched my face on a daily basis!

By changing the above steps, but skin has become a lot clearer in the past week. I'm really happy that I didn't have to go down the antibiotic, but I know with some people that is the only choice. I hope these tips can help other people with random bad break-outs and please feel free to share any other tips you've picked up in the comments below!

E.x 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I notice the less I touch my face the better it gets!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most simple, yet hardest thing to achieve! I always have to stop myself from leaning my head in my hands! Xx

      Delete
  2. body shop and clean & clear are my top two affordable skin care brands! i definitely see a HUGE improvement when i drink more water too

    xo Sarah
    Absolutely Sarah | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Body Shop! Cheap & cheerful and does the job! Xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely a helpful post!! I haven't tried the drying lotion yet but the clean & clear spot gel just doesn't work for me :( I will just have to continue hunting I guess haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo give the drying lotion a try then! You can get it off beautybay for around £12 I think Xx

      Delete
  4. Omg, the Clean & Clear spot treatment is amaaaaaazing. I actually got a drugstore dupe for it because it was cheaper, but it couldn't compare to the original. My zits literally disappear overnight with it. I used to use the Mario Badescu drying lotion, but my face got used to it and stopped working :< I must remember to drink water, it's always something I know I need but always forget

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what happened to me as well! Clean & Clear is definitely a life saver though! Xx

      Delete
  5. Such great advice and you are right on drinking plenty of water, people seem forgetting this. You have a amazing blog, I follow you on BLOGLOVIN. Please visit my blog and if you like it would you follow me too? It means a lot to me. Thank you and please keep in touch! xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to follow you :) Xxx

      Delete

Subscribe