SERIAL

07:30


I don't know about you, but my favourite genre whether it be books or films is physiological thrillers. These stories always have me hooked from the get go and I think the writing is incredible. Since Gone Girl (my favourite book, film and audio-book) I've been on the mission to find similar works. Other favourites have included Girl on the Train & The Good Girl, but my friend recently introduced me to a podcast called Serial, and I just had to share it with you! 

Serial is a true story told week by week via investigative journalism hosted by Sarah Koening. Season 1 looks into the 1999 murder case of Hae Lin Lee, a devastating case in Baltimore. Serial is not new to the scene (if anything I'm late) and has been extremely popular for a while now. When it was first released onto iTunes, it flew to the top of the charts and proceeded to stay there for many weeks.

I don't want to ruin the rest for you, but the piece investigates the evidence, court system and witnesses surrounding this case. It's so interesting and gripping, despite being quite heavy to listen to. I think what has really got me invested is the fact that this case is still on-going and still very much a topic of conversation. 

I highly recommend anyone to begin listening to this podcast. I haven't finished yet, but I've managed to get through nearly 10 episodes in around 2 days!

Let me know in the comments if you decided to give Serial a try and if you have any other physiological thrillers to recommend!  

E.x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Season 1 of Serial is such a gripping, interesting and heart breaking story. I'm still unsure what to believe after flying through the podcast.

    Have you listened to season 2? Although the story is still an interesting one, it doesn't grip me the same.

    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into court case-y type things, but I'm a huge podcast fan and this seems incredibly interesting. Thanks for suggesting it. I'm just starting to run out of "Drive-to-work" podcasts!

    Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psychological thrillers are also my favorite genre. But only when I know I'm not reading/watching a psychological thriller. I feel like when something is automatically categorized into that genre, the "surprise" or "twist" is anticipated and a little bit it spoiled for me >_< Since I don't know too much was Serial is about yet, I'll probably check it out! Thanks for sharing <3

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe